Lu Hopkins Designs

I am a final year Graphic Design student at Loughborough University. I am looking to challenge myself as a business and creative mind, and find experience in creative industries. This blog is to profile my own work, while also working as an archive of inspiring work I have collated.

Tuesday 26 January 2010

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer


This is the book cover I completed for the Penguin Competition Brief. I played solely on the imagery of the neck. Fragile, feminine, sexy and also where you spray perfume, the neck is the perfect imagery for this book as he strangles many of his victims as well. I used a hard fontface and capitals to spell out the title which slices across her neck subtly. The back cover is just a close up of her hair as throughout the bok, the author goes into great detail explaining how the murderer goes up and smells the women's hair.

I tried to keep it quite dark and eerie. I wanted the body to look quite dirty, almost like a corpse, as the novel is set in the 18th century in a fish market.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers